- to promote an inclusive and effective learning community with high expectations. Our school to reflect the local area, to welcome and celebrate diversity and inclusion, and to provide an inspirational environment where pupils feel happy, valued and secure in their learning.
- to enhance children’s life chances through a stimulating, supportive parental partnership that nurtures each child to achieve his/her full potential. Children to become responsible, confident members of a global society who can apply their experiences at Cleves to all future learning.
- To enable the acquisition of skills, knowledge and understanding which will be of use to all future learning
- To promote, facilitate and enable the inclusion of children with disabilities and special educational needs
- To provide a safe, supportive and caring environment
- To provide a broad and balanced curriculum which is differentiated to match teaching to pupils’ needs
- To promote a wide range of creative experiences which enable children to make full use of their imagination in gaining the sense of the possibilities that their own creative engagement with the world can bring
- To develop lively and enquiring minds through encouraging children to question and discuss issues, in order to make informed decisions
- To nurture self-esteem so children are motivated to learn and to develop an ability to co-operate and work with others
- To recognise and respect individual religious and cultural values and to celebrate the rich diversity within our multi-faith community
- To promote positive attitudes, good behavior and moral understanding, and to establish a sense of pride and achievement in being part of our school community
- To nurture a sense of caring for others and to distinguish between right and wrong, and to be aware of the consequences of any action
- To encourage children to make positive choices about their own physical well being
- To work in full partnership with parents
- To ensure equal opportunities are addressed throughout all aspects of the school day
- To create opportunities where children can develop a sense of awe and wonder